• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I revert to the version prior to the recent upgrade?

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I just installed the new update on OSX 12.3.1
Every time I invoke it now, it demands administrator privilege "so Installer can make changes"; it then pops up a screen asking me what I want to do and I have to select PSE; PSE then appears with a non-removable flag demanding that I try a new feature I don't want. All I want is PSE in Expert mode as the prior version did. How can I revert to the prior version I've been using?

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

I found an answer: open the Applications folder in file view, expand Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022, then expand the Support Files under it. You'll see Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app  Remove any existing PSE symbols from your dock, then move the PEE.app entry into the dock instead...

No more hassles - back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it from your Adobe account.    You don't say what version of PSE you are having issues with.

This solution MAY work for you:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/startup-crash-on-monterey.html

CHECK THIS OUT:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Glenn. The first link says upgrade OSX to 12.4

I did - no difference.

I tried renaming the sniffer exe as directed - no change.

I'm on PSE 2022 - my system meets the requirements.

I'll look on Adobe to see if I can ID the version before the update ... 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a mac guy, however, this is the OS requirements- that doesn't look like you have the latest mac OS available.

2022-07-07_164933.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn, 12.4 is the latest. The note you quote is for older versions of PSE than 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an answer: open the Applications folder in file view, expand Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022, then expand the Support Files under it. You'll see Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app  Remove any existing PSE symbols from your dock, then move the PEE.app entry into the dock instead...

No more hassles - back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I'm not the only one having problems with an upgrade! That appearfs to be why Rogers is down all over Ontario...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines