• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Close Update Window Without Being Forced To Make A Selection That I Do Not Want?

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor (2021), a "You have a new update!", "There is an update available for Photoshop Elements. Please select how you would like to proceed."

Well, I simply wish to close said window without making any selection, and continue on to be able to use what I paid for.

Sadly, there was no way to not make any selection, and simply close said update window.

Since there is absolutely no way to close said window without being required (aka, Forced) to make a selection to install, I could not use APEE. I therefore have to use the macOS, ‘Force Close’ option.

Adding to the above misery, I absolutely do not wish to have 'Creative Cloud' in any way, shape, or form, on any of my Apple devices!

Also, please do not ask why I do not want the update, since the answer is above.

How do I simply close the update window, and continue on doing what I want to do?

Also, I made a futile attempt to bring this problem up on the automated 'Chat' line. You have to be kidding me!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@CLIQUE OF ONE, you keep asking the same question but nobody has been able to answer it because there is no answer, or at least not one that is acceptable to you.  The only reason I haven't been more specific before is because I know almost nothing about Macs.  So, unless some Mac user has a better answer for you, the simple response is you can't refuse the update.  You paid for it, so Adobe is giving it to you.  And as your screen name suggests, you are probably alone in not wanting all of the bug fixes that are provided by an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines