• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I embed fonts in Photoshop Elements 2021 for publishing purposes?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I embed fonts in Photoshop Elements 2021 for publishing purposes?

Are they automatically embedded once a file is flattened?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you activate the type tool, the text comes in on a separate layer. When you flatten the layers, the text should remain visible. Are you having a problem?

PSE uses the system fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having an issue viewing the text when I flatten it.  My concern was that to publish it on Barnes and Noble publishing, they recommend embedding the font for publishing.  They also accept Adobe Photoshop.  So the question was more of -once I save it as a PDF are the text fonts embedded if I flatten the layers, or do I save it as a pdf with the layers and then will I need to embed the fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you save as a Photoshop PDF from within the photodshop elements editor keep the text layers and the fonts should be embedded when saving.

If you use psd files keep the text layers as well when saving.

For pdfs you can check that the font is embedded in Acrobat Reader or Pro by going to File>Properties>Fonts

Screenshot-(427).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines