• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Get the Open Eye Tool to Focus on the Right Person?

Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements 2018.

I have two people side by side.  One person's eyes are open, the other's aren't.

I open the Open Closed Eye Tool and the head of the person's eyes who are open is circled.  I tried to move the circle to the other person's head, but it doesn't move.

How do I get the tool to focus on the right person?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop Elements will automatically detect the faces in the picture. and in the Open Closed Eyes dialog you will notice that one face is within a "Blue" circle while the other is in the "Grey Circle". The face under the blue circle is the active face selected for eyes opening. To select a different face, simply click on the that face, inside the grey circle surrounding it. The circles cannot be shifted, they can simply be selected for different faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I didn't notice that the other face was in a grey circle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to follow your directions, but it didn't work.

I opened the Open Eyes dialog box and the blue circle was around (not above) the face of the person whose eyes DIDN'T need fixing.

There was no grey circle at all.  I tried clicking on the face that needed fixing, but the blue circle stayed around the other face.

I tried tricking the program by fooling around with the blue circled face, saving it, closing the dialog box and then reopening it, but the blue circle still circles the first face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the open eye feature work in the creative cloud suite too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To try out this feature, you could download and install PSE 2018 from the following link: Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

The trial period of the software is 30 days, so you could use it freely for a month. If you like the software, you can purchase it.

CC suite tools would also allow you to perform the intended task, though the steps to do so might not be as simple and straightforward as in Photoshop Elements. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and the person whose eyes are closed does not have a circle around their face at all (2nd from the right).  What do I need to do to open her eyes?  ThanksIMG_7192.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please tell me if any grey circle is visible in the image while it's open in the Open Closed Eyes dialog box?

Perhaps attaching a screenshot might help in better understanding.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What I did was to apply a fix to the eyes that didn't need it.  I closed the dialog box, saved the image as something else, and closed the image.  Then I reopened the image and opened the dialog box.  THEN the blue circle appeared around the one I had already fixed and for the first time, the GREY circle appeared around the other head.  I selected that head, the circle turned blue, and I was able to fix it.

So apparently, I had to completely close out of the image and reopen it for the second circle to appear.

Thank you for your guidance.

Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pam!

Open Closed Eyes feature firstly identifies ALL the faces present in the picture and not just those faces that need to be fixed. Any face that has been identified is enclosed within a circle. These circles are primarily of 2 shades: grey and blue. The blue circle denotes the face that's currently active, while the grey circle denotes the face that has been identified but isn't active. At one point of time, only once circle would be blue in shade, while the remaining circles would be grey in shade. To turn any grey circle in blue, you just need to click anywhere within that grey circle.

However, if there's any face in your image that isn't enclosed within a circle, it implies that the face recognition algorithm hasn't been able to identify it. In such a scenario, I'm afraid you won't be able to fix the eyes of the corresponding person. Please note that it isn't possible to manually move the blue circle to a face that hasn't been identified, in an attempt to cause the application to recognise it.

If you could share the image, it would help us to figure out why the face wasn't getting detected in the first instance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-10-14 16.28.51.jpg

Trying to open the eyes of the person on the RIGHT. PS 2019 Trial program. It ONLY puts a blue circle around the face on the left! Why in Heaven's name does it NOT recognize the face on the right as well (or instead of) the one on the left? It does not put any circle, grey or otherwise around the face on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out: the HEAD of each person must be STRAIGHT in the photo in order for the tool to recognize it as a face. Use the straightening tool to position the photo so the head of the person needing eyes opened is straight. Then it can be selected and the eyes opened. Afterward, it can be re-straightened to the proper orientation of the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, but how do you "unfix" the first face?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines