• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I overlap two scans

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements on Windows. In earlier versions, it was really easy to create a photo merged document that overlapped two scans. For instance, I have a picture too big for the scanner, so i make two scans. I used to be able to just click new, photo merge. Now I cannot find any such thing in the drop down menus anywhere. The help guide says to use the guided tab, but nothing works. It keeps telling me I have to save the documents first. They've been saved over and over again, to no avail. Where is the photo merge option in Expert window?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have found already, Photomerge now takes place in the Guided Edit mode.  You should use the Photomerge Panorama option:

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, October 2, 2020_11h44m55s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, that's what I tried. It does not do it. Just keeps telling me I have to save the documents first. They have been saved over and over again. This used to be so easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does not work, go to Plan B:

Go to File>new>blank file and enter the dimensions so that your 2 scans will fit. This will be your canvas.

Go to File>place and point to scan 1

Go to File>place and point to scan 2

Resize and position as indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, sorry, it is a little more accurate than totally manual, but I really need the old fashioned photomerge panamara.

Now I am sorry I bought the newer version. There really is nothing very new, and I seem to have lost something I really need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are on a Mac with Catalina, you can still use an older version of the program with your desired feature.  The two versions are totally independent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know, thank you! I will give that a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines