• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I place two photos side-by-side or one on top of the other? .

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are not of the same size. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In Editor, go to Edit>Preferences>General. Be sure that "Allow floating documents in full edit mode" is ticked.
  2. Open both pictures in Elements
  3. On the top of the Elements desktop, next to "Help", click on the arrange icon and try 2 up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open just the two images and choose the layout as "All column" to make them visible side by side. Just a quick question, which version of PSE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 10.  Sorry, I forgot to post that info with my question.  Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using element 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are wanting to place two photos side by side on the same page then here are the steps to do so.

1. Make a new file/canvas big enough to fit three photos (Check height and width o  of the three photos in piels to make sure its the same). You can check the resolution and pixel dimensions from the  "Image>Resize>Image Size" dialog box.

2 .You can make a new file from "File>New>Blank File. Select height and width in pixels such that it is greater than the sum of height and width of the two pictures together. For eg suppose if two photos have height and width as (H1 , W1) ,  and (H2 ,W2) respectively . Then choose new document whose height is greater than H1 +H2  and width greater than (W1+W2 ) .Select Background contents as white.

2. Chosse Edit>Fill Layer to change the color of the new file.

3.After you have changed the background drag one image over and place it

4. Drag the second image over (u'll make a new layer, and u need to click the first layer image. to change them if u want to move the first one)

6.  Now select the move tool to repostion each of the photos in seperate layers  so that they are aligned side by side.

Do reply back if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the instructions.  They are the clearest I have seen.  I will try them out.  Thanks again, Alec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.I've tried a few different instructions and yours are brilliant, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant says it all! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone provide updates instructions for either PSE 18 or 22 ? I am a novice and need very clear and concise directions. Thanks!  _sSeven G from Denver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Steven23894301b08n, the basic steps haven't changed over the years.  See if my post in another discussion helps you.

Slightly different approach can be found in my post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines