• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you disable the homescreen on a mac?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Adobe PS Elements on a Mac laptop.

I just want to edit my own files without a kindergarten teacher taking my pics and telling me that I can add a pain effect and a lens flare to them... I already know this and have my own brain to be creative with.

When I start my PS Elements, I get that annoying homescreen asking what I want to do. How can I kill that homescreen?

Unfortunately, the answer seems to be in a general menu that everyone seems to have access to with a little checkbox to click to not show the screen on startup. But this isn't the case on mac. This menu doesn't exist.

Plase help!

Thank you (Also, this solution to my problem seems to be obsolete and the posted information is not linking to anything https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/how-to-disable-photoshop-elements-2021...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022
  • Navigate to Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements [Version]/Support Files.
  • Double-click Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app to launch the Editor.
  • Right-click the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor icon that appears on the dock. If your mouse does not have right-click capabilities, click and hold the icon until the menu appears.
  • Choose Options > Keep In Dock.

Now when you click the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor icon in the dock the pse editor will start wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Navigate to Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements [Version]/Support Files.
  • Double-click Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app to launch the Editor.
  • Right-click the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor icon that appears on the dock. If your mouse does not have right-click capabilities, click and hold the icon until the menu appears.
  • Choose Options > Keep In Dock.

Now when you click the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor icon in the dock the pse editor will start without the Welcome Screen.

keep.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh.

My.

God!

Thank you! That worked - this was driving me nuts. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines