• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to backup PSE 15 (for transfer to new PC) when hard drive is too full?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to backup my PSE 15 catalog to an external SSD so I can transfer it to my new PC, which is running PSE 2021. The problem is that PSE 15 tells me that my C: drive is too full to complete the backup. I've optimized/ deleted nearly all of my personal files from the C: drive to make room for this transfer...

....So ironically, it's the PSE 15 data itself that is filling up the lion's share of my hard drive. And I have TONS of room on my external SSD drive.

Is there a way to utilize the ample space on my external SSD to complete this PSE catalog backup? Can I move the C: drive's PSE catalog data to my external SSD, and then initiate the backup? Or is there another way? After gigs and gigs of deletions, my C: drive still has only 10.7 GB remaining, and the majority of the used disk space is being used by PSE 15. Yet PSE15 is telling me that my C: drive is too full to complete the backup. It's a vicious cycle.

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you've selected "full backup", and can't choose the destination external SSD?  These views are from pse 2021.

2021-08-13_050552.jpg2021-08-13_050521.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines