• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Photoshop Elements from German to English version?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded and installed the German version of Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15. However, I would prefer to have the English version as the key shortcuts match my English keyboard. How can I change this in Elements/Premiere or do I need to deinstall and reinstall?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and choose the language when reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work. It accepts language change then progresses in German.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy to miss the choice of language in the long installation process. Also, I have met the following problem when installing softwares from non Adobe source:  you get a choice for the languange of the installer program, not for the program language. Just a suggestion here...

We get a number of posts in this forum from German users with German versions in their screenshots, so maybe we can  get feedback from those German users ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop elements and operating system are you using?

If you try changing the language of your operating system to English then install, does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Both myself my trusty machine are English. Windows 7 yes (I know!). I needed Elements 7 to run on this PC as more recent versions need Windows 10. It was secondhand and cheap - I didn't know in advance it was German. Looks like I will have to spend money and update my system to Windows 10 and a modern (= expensive) version of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes i think earlier versions of photoshop elements like pse 7 could be bought with just one language and then Adobe started offering multi language versions.

Looks like according to this page that photoshop elements 2019 is the newest supported version for windows 7.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines