• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to control brush color

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skiller Photoshopper here trying to get into Elements. One thing that I cannot get a handle on is how to switch brush colors, specifically when I'm in an adjustment layer with a mask. I want to work on the mask using black and white brushes, something I've done thousands of times in PS. Under COLOR on the left there's an icon with a pair of black andwhite squares with a little arrow suggesting you can switch between them, but no... that just opens a color picker window where I don't seem to have any control at all. If I choose a new color and click OK the new color does not even show on the icon. After much fumbling I did get a nice 50% gray brush to replace the white, but now I can't get the white back.

What am I missing? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the D key for the Default Foreground/Background colors Black and White in the toolbox.

Press the X key to switch between the Foreground and Background colors.

What version of photoshop elements and macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, perfect.

Mohave, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel really dumb that I forgot: Q-B-D used to be one of commonest keypress sequences: Quick Mask - Brush - Default B&W. They took away the Q and I forgot about the B, D and X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines