Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create this colour effect for text

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there everyone, 

Ive seen an effect I've been trying to replicate recently with no joy and i was hoping someone here might know how to do it. If you look at the attachments you'll see coloured text boxes that have a light colour fading into a deeper version ie light yellow fading to deep yellow, light blue to deep blue etc. Does anyone know how to achieve this effect, is it something to do with bevelling or maybe a colour gradient thing?

Also those colours are very vivid, are they on the normal palette or part of the effect? 

Im using photoshop elements in case that makes a difference, thanks to anyone who can offer any help, itss very much appreciated!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are very straight forward to create using Layer Styles.

Make your Type layer and double click the layer to open Layer Styles.

Click on Gradient Overlay.  You might chose to use background to forground colour gradient, in which case it is easier to set those colours before oiipening Layer Styles, but you can double click the gradient to have more options.

image.png

Then Chose Stroke and give it an outside black stroke to matcgh the examples

image.png

When you have an effect you like, you might like to open the Styles panel and save it as a new style (the icon I have highlighted with a green square).  You can simply click on the style to apply it in totale to selected layers.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

That helps a lot, thanks very much for your help i appreciate it a lot, have a great Christmas 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines