• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete Save to Web Previews Cache using Elements 15 on an iMac

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago, when using Elements 2 on a Dell, I had this same problem.  After using Save to Web to then Preview (using the web) thousands of animations and graphics, I got an error message that stated I could not Preview.  Now, I am getting the error message  "Access to file denied."  I am using Elements 15 on an iMac (2017).  I have to believe that the solution to my problem is emptying all the temporary files stored in a Cache folder.  But I am having no luck finding that folder.  I have tried numerous paths to looking for such files in my Adobe folders, but to no avail.  I also have tried to follow paths suggested for emptying both browser caches and my iMac hard drive caches. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

Macs are usually pretty good about clearing all the "temp files" themselves, but if your one that leaves your mac running 24/7, restarting your mac every so often will generally allow for completion of the pre scheduled maintenance tasks that macs do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

Thanks for your reply. I have tried restarting my iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7) a few times and even
powered if off.

I also have deleted hundreds of "files" from my Safari History archive which were .gifs that Safari played when I chose Save to Web, Preview.

I was hoping that would free up memory, but it did not seem to be connected to the problem.

I feel that the solution is similar to the very same problem I had years ago with Elements 2, but I cannot figure out any way to
follow a similar path. Thanks again for your suggestion.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the TemporaryItems folder by clicking on your desktop, in the Go menu click on Go To Folder and paste the following

/private/var/folders/2z/dhb4sdfs34gg53wpdtt4w6k00000gn/T/TemporaryItems

ti.png

press Go

That should be where the Save for web previews are.

Is your mac actually getting low on disk space?

You can check by going to Apple>About This Mac>Storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, I have plenty of storage (192 GB.)  I followed your path and ended up in the folder SaveforWeb which was in the folder TemporaryFiles which was in the folder "T," which was in another folder with a long name of gobblygook which was in a folder "3P."  There was nothing in the SaveforWeb folder except one file.

Anyway, I really thank you for looking into this for me.  I have been trying other options involving the broswers I use, my hard drive, and the Elements 15 program.  I have had no luck, but it sure is nice that someone will at least look at a problem and offer sound advice.  Thanks again.  It is much apprecited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines