Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to divide the catalogue into several catalouges in Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I have some problems with my Adobe Photoshop Elements 18. I have hade a lot of pictures into a single catalogue.  There are over 30 000 pictures in my single catalogue. This is awfully slow to work with. Element works really slow with so many pictures.
I have been trying to divide it into several catalogues. Use one for pictures from each 10 years. This will reduce the number of pictures for each catalogue.
But when I create a new catalogue, I can’t copy pictures and their Element-information into the new catalogue.
How should I do in order to move pictures with their information into a new catalogue?
I don’t want to ad the pictures and rewrite all their information again. They are so many.

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

30 000 files is a small catalog and can't be the reason for the slowness you are facing.

On the other hand, generally, dividing a catalog practically never gives you any significant speed advantage apart from backups. 

Elements does not provide a way to split a catalog or 'export' a subcatalog. The workaround would be to make a copy of the the catalog folder and to delete files in the original catalog while keeping only those files in the catalog copy. However that won't work for another limitation in Elements: it's extremely slow to delete thousands of files at the same time and the process will abort with too big batches.

So, the two key questions about speed are:

1 - Do you use face recognition and automated processes?

2 - Is your hardware ok, especially the RAM amount?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines