• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to easily remove or replace white canvas dots.

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My deceased daughter painted several pieces on canvas (11x14). When I tried to photo to create copies for our family the image displays the canvas where the paint is light. See attached. Is there an easy process to replace or blend the dots with the surounding colors using Adobe Element 14? Note: I am not a full time user of Element.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are so inclined, it would help if we could see a representative picture in its totality. If there are privacy concerns, you can blur the areas that you wish to protect.

I am thinking of replacing the entire background, but need to see the foreground as well.

When posting here on the forum, the best way is to use the "insert photos" icon at the top of the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Hatstead. Volunteers in this forum hate the way this forum suggests to attach files to your post instead of using the solution to embbed your file in the post itself via the 11th icon on top of the post window. Most won't open attachments, that's a big risk of downloading malwares.

Your issue is due to a directional lighting of the canvas. A diffuse soft lighting would be better.

It appears that it's possible to use a blurred layer copy in darken mode, which would lessen the effect of the bright dots.

To be more precise, I would create a mask to only show the bright dots. I like to use a white to black gradient map for that purpose, but a levels one would work.

Instead of a blurred layer copy, a layer with the filter Pixelate > mosaic in darken mode.

WhiteDots-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Michael and Hatstead, Clearly I'm out of my league. I think you both are correct. My photography ability and my use of Element need help. I will make an effort to reshoot the canvas and try the mask option. It will take me weeks to figure out. LOL

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines