• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enlarge the histogram box on 2021 PSE Editor

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am watching the teaching videos online and cannot reproduce several things. One is that the histogram box in PSE Editor 2021won't expand so as to see all of the choices at the top of the box and it doesn't have the litle arrowheads at the far left and right to make any changes. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the videos for Elements or for the full Photoshop CC?  Elements has a more limited set of features than the full Photohsop.  As far as I know there is no way to expand the panel size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-differences-photoshop-photoshop.html

The tone curve tab is missing in the ACR Elements version.

The idea in the selection of available tools for the 'consumer' version seems to be to skip features which are available in the pixel editor. You can open a 16 bits pixel version of your file in the editor and use the levels and curves tool. I have always recommended using black & white gradient maps adjustment layers in luminosity mode to fine tune custom curves. The interface is different, but the background calculation is identical.

Another reason about the lack of curves tab is that the editing process in ACR has evolved from the old school workflow based only on curves. The available tools to correct the tones of shadows/highlight with clarity work not only on curves, but also on local contrast, which is nearer to the way our brain 'correct' the tones. That's why I rarely need the curve tools in my workflow now. The 'basic' tab in PSE ACR has the 'fundamental' tools to edit faster and better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking time to reply. However I was not asking about the tone curve but the box itself. How to expand it so as to see all of the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your screenshot what your seeing on your own copy of pse 2021?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines