• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export album photos and maintain sequence?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting album photos in album order to a flashdrive I lose the sequence and get photos in undesired or random order.  Any Suggestions?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

When exporting album photos in album order to a flashdrive I lose the sequence and get photos in undesired or random order.  Any Suggestions?

By @jamesC10405

An album in a catalog is just like a 'playlist' storing the files identifiers in a simple sorted list.

When you export or copy the files elsewhere, there is nothing in the Explorer/finder or other softwares to know how the catalog custom sort order can be retrieved;  the files are written randomly on your disk.

To tell those softwares h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @jamesC10405

An album in a catalog is just like a 'playlist' storing the files identifiers in a simple sorted list.

When you export or copy the files elsewhere, there is nothing in the Explorer/finder or other softwares to know how the catalog custom sort order can be retrieved;  the files are written randomly on your disk.

To tell those softwares how the files should be stored, you have to rename your files in a common alphanumeric way that they can all understand.

So, you are browsing your album in 'album order' and you select (highlight) your files.

Then you have to use the organizer export option to rename the selected files with a common starting text followed by an order number. 

(see: filenames, common base name)

This enables the software reading the files to use its alphanumeric index to display the files in the original album sort order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To: MichelBParis,

Thank you for your response. It is a big help. I appreciate it.

jamesC10405

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines