• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to EXPORT my TAGS & Keywords from Windows 10 PSE 2021

Participant ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PSE 2021 on my windows 10 based desktop computer. Could someone here please let me know the steps to take to EXPORT all of my TAGS & Keywords that I have in my PSE2021. I have done this once, I think, in one of my earlier versions of PSE, but I couldn't locate any options in any of the Menu items.

By exporting them to a spreadsheet format would help me manage them a bit better - e.g., to check for any duplicates, etc.

Thank yuo for your help.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

This is my final answer to my own question.

I finally got a call from Adobe Senior Staff about my issues and I asked him about this and two other issues. This is what he told me on each issue:

1. EXPORTING TAGS: PSE2021 can only export Keyword Tags and none of the other tags (People, Places and Events).

2. Diffrence between use of Place Tags on right side Vs. Add Location button on bottom left. The "Add Location" can be thought of as a SHORT CUT to using the Place Tags. The Add Location does NOT ta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know of to export keyword tags is to use the dropdown arrow besides the + at the top of the Keyword tags panel and choose Save to File.  However, this only produces an XML file and is only intended to be used to import an existing catalog tag hierarchy into another catalog.  Somebody with more programming knowledge than me would have to tell you how to convert that text file to a spreadsheet.  Frankly, I don't understand how this could be faster or more useful than a visual search of the tag hierarchy.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.28_12h17m17s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, I did see that option to save the Keywords. I  did it. but it only saves the Keywords but NOT the Peoples tags, Events Tags, and Places tags. PSE2021 is saving it in a XML format. I was able to open that file with MS Excel. It showed a lots of alphanumeric characters in a few columns that I simply deleted and be able to see all of my Keywords. Unfortunately, that SAVE option is not available for the other three!

I have many hundreds of these Tags, and by putting all of them in an Excel spreadsheet, I can move them around easily, group them differently and be able to review and analyze them -- may be able to eliminate a bunch of them, combine some, etc. Power of Excel will make this analysis - to reduce and simplify -- much easier.

At least that is what I am hoping for.

Again, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Save Keyword Tags to File option is a bit hidden away in the Keywords Panel, so I've recorded a quick video for you:

However, the resulting XML file is not going to be very helpful for what you want to do with it I'm afraid. It is intended for transferring sets of keywords from one catalog to another, i.e. it's intended to be machine-readable not user-readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil DC, I did see that option to save the Keywords. I  did it. but it only saves the Keywords but NOT the Peoples tags, Events Tags, and Places tags. PSE2021 is saving it in a XML format. I was able to open that file with MS Excel. It showed a lots of alphanumeric characters in a few columns that I simply deleted and be able to see all of my Keywords. Unfortunately, that SAVE option is not available for the other three!

I have many hundreds of these Tags, and by putting all of them in an Excel spreadsheet, I can move them around easily, group them differently and be able to review and analyze them -- may be able to eliminate a bunch of them, combine some, etc. Power of Excel will make this analysis - to reduce and simplify -- much easier.

At least that is what I am hoping for.

Again, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PSE 2021 on my windows 10 based desktop computer. Could someone here please let me know the steps to take to EXPORT all of my TAGS & Keywords that I have in my PSE2021. I have done this once, I think, in one of my earlier versions of PSE, but I couldn't locate any options in any of the Menu items.

By exporting them to a spreadsheet format would help me manage them a bit better - e.g., to check for any duplicates, etc.

Thank yuo for your help.

By @PKFlo

The only way I know to do this in old versions was to use John R Ellis psedbtool software:

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/#_Writing_File_Metadata

This tool worked with older versions up to PSE8.

I am very skeptical that it could be useful to manage the keywords better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. Yes, the developer says that too -- it may not work with newer versions. And, i don't think I want to get involved with writing any sripts. Hopefully, there will be some other way I can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to Adobe support. They actually connected to my computer, but could not give me an answer. She told me that a Senior person will contact me in 24-48 hours. I will post Adobe's response after I get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my final answer to my own question.

I finally got a call from Adobe Senior Staff about my issues and I asked him about this and two other issues. This is what he told me on each issue:

1. EXPORTING TAGS: PSE2021 can only export Keyword Tags and none of the other tags (People, Places and Events).

2. Diffrence between use of Place Tags on right side Vs. Add Location button on bottom left. The "Add Location" can be thought of as a SHORT CUT to using the Place Tags. The Add Location does NOT take you to the actual MAP.

3. Places Tags Displayed: The "PLaces Tags" imported from earlier versions of PSE will appear SEPARATELY from the newer ones. The newer Tags will appear under their respectice COUNTRY, where as the older "Place Tags" will continue to appear by the location name only.

Hope these answers help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines