• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find the original file?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo viewer app creates aliases of images i want to edit later, so I have a folder full of aliases. Let's say I have an image open and I say, "That's cool, I wonder where the original is?" In older versions of Elements, which opened each image in a separate window, I could use the Mac trick of command-clicking on the title bar of the image, which would open a popup list of the folder hierarchy showing in which folder that image was located. In the current tabbed version of Elements, I can no longer do this. How can I quickly find out where the original of an opened image is located?

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

You can still do that if you go to Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor>Preferences>General, click on Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode, then go to Window>Images>Float All in Windows.

fdw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can still do that if you go to Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor>Preferences>General, click on Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode, then go to Window>Images>Float All in Windows.

fdw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines