• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import directly from my Epson scanner

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I had an earlier version of Elements, I was told how to set things up so that when I clicked on File > Import, I would immediately see my Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner, and not just WIA Support.  I now have Adobe Photoshop Elements 20.  Does anyone know how to set that linkup?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 2020 in Windows 10 Pro. In the Organizer, select Edit>Preferances on the Menu bar at the top of the window. If your scanner is connected and turned on you should see it in the Scanner... panel in preferences.

I find it a bit easier to scan to a folder that is in my Watch Folders and import from there. That way, I have more control over where the scans are located.

This is what the Scanner... preferences looks like.

Annotation 2020-01-11 190608.jpg

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your ideas. I don't use the organizer hardly ever, but I see what you mean. My problem is when using the Photo Editor, I would like File > Import to lead me directly to Epson Scanner, as it used to. Now, like you, I just scan to a folder I have created, and then tell the Editor to open that folder and import the picture I designate. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rlt47,

If you don't like using the Organizer, what you might consider doing is putting an Elements Editor shortcut on your desktop. Once you have the Elements Editor shortcut on the desktop, you can drag a photo from the Windows Explorer and drop it on the Editor shortcut. That will open that photo in the Editor. I do this frequently and it works great. This also works with multiple photos in a single drag and drop operation.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023-01-23_175558.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for a couple of versions now, the only scanner interface in the Editor is via the WIA Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I'll check on it some more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I was searching for the same, I found your question and tried. Here's the standard method.

elements wia scanner.jpg

elements wia scanner 2.jpg

elements wia scanner 3.jpg

I did find this but I haven't been able to make it work?

In Windows put the Import-Export folder, from Elements into C:\ Program Files [Program Files(x 86) for 64-bit systems]\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Plug-Ins

(or whatever ## version of Elements you are now using)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HodagMedia said: 

In Windows put the Import-Export folder, from Elements into C:\ Program Files [Program Files(x 86) for 64-bit systems]\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Plug-Ins

(or whatever ## version of Elements you are now using)

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but if you are suggesting that any media files (scans) be placed in a Program Files sub-directory, that is a terrible idea (IMO). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way, not photos.

There's a folder with Import-Export in the older software that has a plugin. I'm fine with WIA but the OP wanted the choice back to select Open a new file from the scanner.

I'm guessing it's an 8be file, but I haven't gone searching old computers for what it is. Elements comes with Elements Save for Web.9be I see my Google NIK files were there for Elements 10.

Elements 2020 I set the Plugins folder to be the same as Irfanview where I store my 8bf files so different editing software can use them instead of having one plugins folder for each one. All shared.

Yes, positivly  agree, nothing but plugins in the plugin folder. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Twain_32.8BA only works in 32 bit versions of photoshop elements on Windows.

All recent versions of photoshop elements are 64 bit.

There is no 64 bit Twain on Windows, hence why WIA is suggested so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines