• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make clean quick selections - remove remaining "outline" of background

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Quick Selection during the process of removing the background from an image, it will always leave a bit of the background after deleting the background, forming a sort of outline around the selection. 

How do I clean up a quick selection so that it is clean, removing ALL of the background? 

Below are two pictures showing what I mean - the top one shows my quick selection, and the bottom shows the result after removing the background. You can see that a slight "outline" is left from background of the original picture.

I apologize if this has been addressed a million times before, but I could not find a solution to my problem using the keywords I'm familiar with. 
Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-04-12 104653.pngScreenshot 2022-04-12 105234.png

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?  If you have a more recent version, there are a number of tools that you can use that may give you a better result than the Quick Selection brush.  For example, the Auto Selection and Subject Selection tools have improved in Elements 2022. 

The Refine Edge tool also has a number of tools and sliders that can be used to remove unwanted pixels in a selection.  Several of them are also available in the Selection menu.

Snap_2022.04.12_11h3m16s_001.png

It often depends on the image itself as to which tool works the best.  And the resolution of the image itself also requires changes in the number of  pixels to change.  So there will be some trial and error.  But you should try out the Smooth and Shift Edge sliders.  And the Decontaminate Colors box check may help with the output to a new layer.

In the Selection menu, you should be able to try a number of options to get the desired result.

Snap_2022.04.12_11h13m27s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, this is extremely helpful, thank you for taking the time. I'm not using Elements, actually, but Ps CC. Didn't have time to navigate the discussions.

but this has given me tools to find what I need, so, again, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines