• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to merge events?

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have created an "event" around Christmas 2018. I select the photos that seem appropriate and create the event. Then, a little later, I find more Christmas photos from 2018. There is a laborious process for adding them to the existing event, in which PSE shows me every photo in my 27,000 photo collection, including those that I have already assigned to Christmas 2018. This requires me to know exactly which photos are already in the existing event. Hmm. So, I avoid that headache and go back to my photos and I "create" another event with exactly the same name. PSE warns me that an event with that name already exists, but does it ask me if I want to assign the photos there? Nope. It creates another Christmas 2018 event.

How can I merge these please?

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

I don't know of any direct way to do what you are asking, but here is a possible workaround.  (I don't use the system Events tags, so I'm not 100% certain that this will work.)

I assume that if you open the Events Tags category in the Tags panel in the Media grid, you have two Christmas 2018 Events tags.  If this is the case:

• Check the box for one of them.  This will filter the grid to the photos/videos with that tag. 
  • Select all the visible media (Ctrl A). 
  • Drag the second Christmas 2018 tag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any direct way to do what you are asking, but here is a possible workaround.  (I don't use the system Events tags, so I'm not 100% certain that this will work.)

I assume that if you open the Events Tags category in the Tags panel in the Media grid, you have two Christmas 2018 Events tags.  If this is the case:

• Check the box for one of them.  This will filter the grid to the photos/videos with that tag. 
  • Select all the visible media (Ctrl A). 
  • Drag the second Christmas 2018 tag over one of the selected media.  All of the media will now be tagged with the second tag.
  • Select and Delete the first tag from the Tags panel.  You should now have a single Christmas 2018 Event tag.

Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will give it a try in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My God that worked! Thank you. (I had been fiddling around in the Events panel and couldn't find a way, but using the Media panel seems to work!)

Another question that has been driving me batty: When I create an Event, and then wish to add photos to that event, PSE brings up a whole new screen where my photos are not organized in any recognizable fashion. So I literally have to scroll through them all (27,000) to find the photos I wish to add.

As background, you will recall that in opening the Events panel, PSE displays Named and Suggested events. The latter is organized by date. So, very easy to find photos from, say, 2019. But the Suggested panel is not available when adding photos to an existing Event. What comes up is a third window with no organization whatsoever. Is there an easier way to find the photos I wish to add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines