• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to navigate straight to the Photoshop Elements Editor 2022 or Organizer 2022 (windows)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to navigate straight to the Photoshop Elements Editor or Organizer without viewing the Welcome Screen, on PSE 2022 bought from microsoft store.

Im tried to locate  *.exe files in VFS folder but they do not start (error message appears).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Hi,

Applications downloaded from Microsoft Store can only be launched from Home Screen.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Applications downloaded from Microsoft Store can only be launched from Home Screen.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you purchased directly from Adobe on your download page........how do you get rid of that awful Welcome screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the .exe that starts the editor and make a new shortcut on your destop using it.

2021-12-05_173330.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Adobe Premiere Elements 2022.exe" file in Version 2022 opens the welcome screen.  I purchased my copy directly from Adobe.  While I look forward to some new tools added since my last version, forcing users to go through the welcome screen is a major disappointment.  It's sad that the first interaction with the new version is so negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not clicking on the correct exe file.  Lookit this, check the file location: it is the stardard location.

2022-05-20_161414.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the followup. The shortcut created by setup is "Premiere Elements Editor 2022" in c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2022\Elements Home.  Of course Adobe's shortcut opens the Wlcome Screen.

When I create a shortcut for PremiereElementsEditor.exe in c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2022 (the file you suggest), I get this error

Premiere Elements 2022 Error Msg.JPG

I don't even understand what it says!

Premiere Elements was downloaded, installed and activated yesterday. The About screen says it is Version 20 (20220201.Git.main.8248e90).  Running on Windows 11 21H2 (22000.675).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know about the issue w/ buying an app from the MS store, but the executables for PSE 2022 can be found in your Adobe | Elements 2022 Organizer application folder.  Both Organizer and Editor can be found in the same folder. Look for PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe and PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe.  They can be added to your start menu and/or task bar from here.  If this doesn't square with your directories, then maybe the MS store issue is legit.  Oh, just to be safe, make sure you can see hidden files w/in your folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines