• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove an event tag from a photo?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unintentionally selected a photo for an event in organizer-want to change that. How?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the image in the grid and right-click on the Event icon.  You will then be given the opportunity to remove it:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.21_15h10m16s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inadvertently applied a second, incorrect, event tag to a large number of images. It only seems to be possible to remove this event tag one image at a time, which will be extremely time consuming. Other than deleting the event completely and re-creating it for only the original correct images, is the there a way round this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can remove the Event tag from multiple images at a time.

First, ensure that you have turned on View > Details and the Zoom slider is far enough to the right for the Event icon to be shown underneath the image thumbnail.

Select the images that you wish to remove the Event tag from by using Ctrl+click for non-contiguous images, Shift+click the first and last images for a continuous sequence of images, or click+drag groups of contiguous images.

Now carefully right-click on the Event icon on one of those images and click on the Remove from "name" Event pop-up choice.

That should remove the Event tag from all the selected images.

Hopefully that won't take too long... but if we're talking a very large number of images you might want to consider restoring the catalog from your most recent backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Phil. That is what I was doing, but it didn't work - as soon as I slected "remove from (name) on one image all the others became de-selected. However I have just closed and restarted PSE and tried again and it worked as it should!  So looks like just a glitch.  The other workaround I suggested also worked as well.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines