• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove the background within an image

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to remove the background from a crossed-out circle. I removed the background from the outside of the circle but not the inside. This looks like the inside is transparent, but it is not. Crossed Out Trans Circle with inner background.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Maine Man,

You are correct. The area surrounding the circle is transparent, as denoted by the checkerboard pattern. The 2 segments inside are not transparent.

To fix this, do the following:

1.Open the image, duplicate the background layer, shut off its visibility and work on the background copy layer.

2. Activate the Magic wand tool. On the tool's option bar, set the tolerance to 32 and check "contiguous."

3. Left click on one inside segment, and hit delete on the keyboard. Press CTRL+D to get r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maine Man can you tell us which application you're using so that a moderator can move the thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged, Which forum should I have posted this question on? I am using Photoshop Elements 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a photoshop question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 2023. I  grabbed the supposedly transparent image off the web, but it is not trans. 

I removed the outer background, but removing the checkered interior background is illusive. I didn't find anything on the web on how to remove the interior background. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maine Man,

You are correct. The area surrounding the circle is transparent, as denoted by the checkerboard pattern. The 2 segments inside are not transparent.

To fix this, do the following:

1.Open the image, duplicate the background layer, shut off its visibility and work on the background copy layer.

2. Activate the Magic wand tool. On the tool's option bar, set the tolerance to 32 and check "contiguous."

3. Left click on one inside segment, and hit delete on the keyboard. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the selection outline ("marching ants"

4. Repeat step #3 for the other segment.

5. For demonstration I have cleared one  of the segments.

hatstead_0-1694101842953.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. People who know how to use Photoshop Elements make it look so easy. Thank you again, Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help. If you are so inclined, mark my previous response "correct", as that may help others with a similar issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines