• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to return to a Completely Clean Install of PS Elements 2020

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to PS Elements. I installed Elements and played with it to learn how it works. I now want to return to the condition it was at the original install. I did the simple uninstall and reinstall but the freshly re-installed Elements still has everything that I was practicing with. It was not a clean empty install. I want to delete EVERYTHING, photos, tags, names, EVERYTHING and start over. How do I get back to the clean initial empty PS Elements? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you want to delete EVERYTHING?

Most of the time, for what you want you don't even uninstall and reinstal. You have only to:

- create a new empty catalog and delete the old one.

- delete your preferences in the editor and the organizer.

There are situations where you need to really delete anything linked with the previous install to solve hardware and software incompatibility issues. If that's what you want, there is a dedicated tool from Adobe to wipe everything after the uninstal.

Please tell us what is exactly your purpose so that we can give more details.

You said deleting 'photos': the photos are on your disks, not in Elements. The organizer only stores links to those photo files. I suppose you don't want to delete those files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Evening,  First, yes I wanted to delete all of the imported pictures and all tags and names associated with the initial imports. Second, your suggestion of a new catalog is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Creating the new catalog gave me the "clean" system where I could begin again. 

I also wanted to move the catalog from the C-Drive and put it on the D-Drive. My C-Drive is a moderate sized solid-state drive and I do not want to use space for data that can be placed on another drive. (This was not in the origina post.) After creating the new catalog and importing 6 pictures. (I discoved that PSE will not backup an empty catalog.) I did a full backup of the catalog and restored it to my D-Drive. I then deteled the the original catalog. A convulted process, but it achived my goal.There might be another way to reloace the catalog, but I did not see a better method.

Thank you to you and hatstead, for reponding to my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still determined to uninstall despite MichelBParis' advice, be sure to deactivate the program prior to the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines