• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Save Cropped Photo to OneDrive

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a photo Cropped from the Original back ino the same folder where the Original is located in OneDrive>Pictures in Win10/11.  I am getting an error message (see attached screenshot) that says "File Not Found" for the Cropped jpg file.  Help in understanding and fixing this will be appreciated as I am hoping to save all my edited photos this way.  I am a new user of Photohop Elements 2020 but have some expereince with OneDrive and Win10/11.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issue to replicate your workflow in guided edit and saving to the OneDrive path. The only difference is that if I don't want to rename the copy with your 'crop' text, I get the default new name similar to the original name followed by ' edited-1 copy'.

If I want to rename, I have to uncheck 'As a copy'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I followed this suggestion and just saved the cropped photo with the same name as the Original, assuming it would save as "filename-1". However, I then got a message asking if I want to Replace the Original.  I don't want replace the Original as I want to use it for other crops.  When I tried to Save with the Original filename, with the Save as a Copy box checked, PE gave it the name "filename copy" with the error message "File Not Found".  Your continuing guidance will be appreciated as I must still be doing something wrong.

Would it make sense for me to uninstall the current version of PE that may be still trying to point to IE 11 and reinstall in my current Windows 11 configuration so it points to Edge instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember having read a number of posts in the past with the 'File Not Found' message when trying to save. Unfortunately this meaningless message did not fit with your own case and rarely got a practical  explanation, for instance an incompatibility with the Camera Raw plugin and a Win version.

What I can say is that I have apparently followed exactly your workflow, starting with the 'crop' guided edit and saving in my OneDrive  folder.

I imagine that if you choose to open in expert mode instead of clicking the 'save as' button, you get the same result?

And if you specify a different destination folder outside of the OneDrive folder, can you save without getting the same message?

For the moment I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel-

I tried the following:

• Saved in Quick, Guided, and Expert mode.  I got the Same OneDrive File Not Found error in all modes.
  • Opened Original in both "This PC>Pictures" and "OneDrive>Pictures" folders and tried to Save in each of those folders. Same OneDrive File Not Found error in both paths.
  • Opened Original in both "This PC>Pictures" and "OneDrive>Pictures" folders and Saved to a different folder, but a folder outside of the Pictures folder.  That worked!

Thanks for helping me through the troubleshooting process to find a workaround.  I wonder if others are encountering this inconvenience.  If so, Adobe should offer a software update to benefit all users so they don't have to save to a non-Pictures folder and then transfer the files back to the Pictures folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two important things:

- There is nothing Adobe can do until the issue can be reproduced. I can't reproduce your issue exactly but I can say that even in having my original photo in the 'Pictures' folder under the OneDrive folder, I don't get any error message. That said, we may have differences since I don't have Windows 11. I don't know if your PSE comes from the Microsoft Store; I don't know on which drive you have installed the OneDrive folder and other (I have thought about storing it outside of C). Those are Microsoft factors.

- In this forum I have always advocated NEVER using the default 'Pictures' system folder offered by Microsoft for basic users. I have always told to create your personal master subfolder (something like 'My Photos') just under the root of a different drive or partition than your system drive C. That makes comparing paths on the Explorer and in the Organizer much easier, and above all, that makes backups and transfers much easier while avoiding the 'Pictures' traps you are probably encountering.

So, I would not consider storing your photo files folder tree outside of the 'Pictures' folder a 'workaround', but a logical necessity.

It does not seem that you are using the organizer. Otherwise you would have used the option to save in the organizer in the save as dialog, and to save in a version set to take advantage of that feature and many others from the catalogs.

For those using the organizer, the common error is to feel safe in OneDrive in the event of a crash. Most often, you'll recover only the image files, not the catalog and the links between the catalog and the restored image files. So organizer users must also use the organizer backup solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My PSE was downloaded directly from the Adobe website.  I am not a power user so I have not partitioned my C drive.  From your earlier comments it sounds as if others are also having "File Not Found" issues that may or may not be related to the use of the Pictures folder in OneDrive.  Since I use OneDrive to provide automatic backup/sync of all my Documents and Pictures files, I would prefer to keep Pictures there.  If PSE and OneDrive are not yet fully compatible, and causng PSE to encounter "picture traps", I can appreciate your advice to keep large photo file collections out of OneDrive>Pictures.  Your suggestion to create a "My Photos" folder outside of the OneDrive tree is a very helpful workaround.  That way I can save photos edited in PSE to that folder while I am processing them and then return the finished product to the OneDrive >Pictures folder where they can be accessed and backed up.

You are correct that I have not used the Organizer function and do not know how it works.  However, I will now take time to explore and understand how I can use its functionality, and especially its back up solutions.  It looks as if OneDrive will be around for a while for non-power users like me, so I hope that future PSE versions will include full compatibility with Windows10/11 and OneDrive.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines