• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to to install a Catalog for Elements 13 on a network drive on an iMac computer

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 13 installed i=on an iMac and a windows PC. I have all my photos on a network drive and created a catolog in a different folder on the same drive. I have connected my Windows PC to the catalog without problem but on trying to do the same on the iMac, the folder is grayed out and i cannot install the catalog on the iMac. - any ideas?

defaultp18yegjt1zjs_0-1609787462411.png

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, it's not possible to store a catalog on a network drive for Macs. I am not a Mac user and I don't think you'll find easily Adobe help docs about that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response

To take this further.

From the iMac i can set up a new catalog on the Network drive using the Manage catlog function. Having gone through this process on the iMac i can connect tohs new catalog from the Windows PC but the iMac again will not recognise the catolog even though it has been set up on that machine - when using Manage Catlog to highlight the custom location, the iMac can see and navigate to the drive, the folders, and can see the idividual catalog.pse13db file but it is greyed out and only inserts the folder into the custpm location. Can anyone help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines