• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hue saturation adjustment effects all layers

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I use hue saturation adjustment, it effects ALL layers, not just the one it is attached to.

HELP QUICK!  fighting deadline!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make a selection of the area you want to change and then create the adjustment layer.  In the following screenshots, I have created two new layers from a selection on the original layer (the flower and the green leaves on the left).  I then applied a hue adjustment layer to each.  Let us know if you still have questions.  If you do, please give us a screenshot of the image and your layers panel.

Snap_2022.08.16_12h48m41s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer or Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation?

Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using brightness/contrast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want any adjustment layer to affect only the layer directly below you can make a Clipping Mask by having the Adjustment Layer active and going to Layer>Create Clipping Mask or click the Create Clipping Mask button at the bottom left of the Adjustment Layers panel.

clip.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that but didn't work.  btw I am using elements 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to create the Clipping Mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but it didn't work.  Still affecfts all layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saw instructions using photoshop cs, i think and im using elements 2022.  Maybe that's why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you told us what instructions you have followed and give us a screenshot of your screen with the layers panel visible, perhaps we might be able to figure out where you are going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines