• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 app from the Micrososft Store and now I cannot download it anymore from that store!! I should have to pay again for the 2018 version!

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought one year ago the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 from the Microsoft Store and now I cannot install it on my new PC because it is no more available in that Store. There is instead the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 and I am asked to pay again!!! How can I install my Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 app I payed for an unlimited time?? I do not need the last 2018 version and I do not want to pay again!

I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I don't know that adobe does that. It might be up to Microsoft.

Anyway, that post i linked to was for pse 15 just a couple of weeks ago and pse 15 was still there to download in their Order history.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Sorry I did not check that the filter on the Order History is by default set to last 3 months ... so that was the reason why I did not find my purchase of Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. So from there I can download that app I bought even though it is no more available for buying from the Store!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you bought from Microsoft, I think you need to contact Microsoft for a download

I do NOT know if the one at Where do I get my old copy of CS6? will work with the serial number you received from Microsoft

And, a note for anyone else reading this

When you download a program installer it is always a good idea to save that file, and copy it to an external drive, so you will have it in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John, possibly you do not know how app Stores works, and in particular the Microsoft Store. The publication and deletion of an app is done by its owner, in that case Adobe, and there is no installer you can save (and possibly also to an external drive) and there is no serial number to enter and to remember, but it is only an app associated to your Microsoft account that you can download and install in whatever PC you are logged with that your Microsoft account..

If the owner of the app (in this case Adobe) delete it from that Store, the user that bought it cannot install that app anymore (but if the owner of that app updates the same app, that will be updated automatically on that user PCs).

So if Adobe deleted from the MS Store its Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and uploaded another app instead (not updating the same old one), the owner of the old app cannot install it anymore.

I do not pretend that the new 2018 version has to be given for free as an update of the old one, but al least Adobe should maintain both versions in the Store allowing who bought the old one to continue to install it on his PCs without having to buy the new version!!

Microsoft is not responsible of what the owner of an app does related to its updating or deleting from its Store: it only verify that it respects some policy and security features and it takes a % from each sale ...

I really wonder if Adobe people too understood how Stores work!!!

I never saw a serious Company that delete one of its app from a Store, an app for a fee (especially an expensive one)!!

I hope they understood and will insert again also the old version in the MS Store so that user that bought it can install it on their PC again ... because they paid for that (less than one year ago)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the Microsoft Store look under your Order History to see if a download link to pse 15 is there.

Installing 'Older' elements from Windows Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. Yours is the first answer I receive that makes sense and that could help me: unfortunately also looking into the Order History the Adobe Photoshop Express 15 I bought few months ago is not listed anymore!! It makes sense that if the owner of an app delete it from the store, all the data related to it are deleted to ...

I cannot believe that a serious company could do that to its customers!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that adobe does that. It might be up to Microsoft.

Anyway, that post i linked to was for pse 15 just a couple of weeks ago and pse 15 was still there to download in their Order history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can certainly understand why Adobe would remove old software from the App Store.   It's no longer up to date or supported. 

For full list of Photoshop Elements downloads, see link below.

Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therefore Nancy you certainly understand and agree too that someone buy an app, for more than 60€, and after only few months he cannot install it anymore on his new PC or on the same after he reinstalled the OS.

GREAT!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I did not check that the filter on the Order History is by default set to last 3 months ... so that was the reason why I did not find my purchase of Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. So from there I can download that app I bought even though it is no more available for buying from the Store!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines