• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer rename batch photos with "s_" preceding the name

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2020: When I shrink files, I use batch processing multiple files, and I always rename by putting "s_" in front of the name.  I can no longer do this.  

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

MichaelBParis, thank you for your very thorough reply.  It was actually a bit too technical for me to grasp.  However, mysteriously, the problem was solved when I chose "extention," and it accepted the prefix of "s_".  Regarding which version, this one is 2020, but I have always been able to change the name this way before, regardless of which version I was using.  And I don't know why "extension" worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2020: When I shrink files, I use batch processing multiple files, and I always rename by putting "s_" in front of the name.  I can no longer do this.  

By @Emah Duck

In which Elements version was this possible?

The renaming options in the editor or the organizer are limited. Only the downloader has more formatting options for renaming.

In your case, I would suggest using one of the many free external renaming softwares to rename your files.

Using the organizer 'export' as new files command, you export your files with your preferences for resizing and compression into their destination folder - Better to 'write metadata to files' before exporting - Use your renaming tool to rename as desired - import the folder into your catalog.

Or, use the editor command to batch edit without renaming - Use the renaming tool -

Go to your catalog and search for missing files.

You can 'reconnect' the files by guiding the process to the new location. The reconnecting process works well for a folder of renamed files.

you have just exported as new files with compression and resizing into their own folder (I could use FastStone for instance).

In your catalog, you can import those files with their new names

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelBParis, thank you for your very thorough reply.  It was actually a bit too technical for me to grasp.  However, mysteriously, the problem was solved when I chose "extention," and it accepted the prefix of "s_".  Regarding which version, this one is 2020, but I have always been able to change the name this way before, regardless of which version I was using.  And I don't know why "extension" worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Emah,

Good to hear that you got it working. Can you let us know on which platform did your face this issue earlier (Mac/Win)? Also, how frequently did you observe this?

Thanks,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines