• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't activate Photoshop elements 2019 on windows 10

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still trying to figure out how to activate photoshop elements 2019 on windows 10 with my cd key. After a long research of how figuring out to install PSE 2019 on windows 10 I am running again in the exact same issue which I had when I was trying to install PSE 2019. When I try to open the software a message from Adobe pops up telling me that it requires a registration, so I click on login now and I get the following error message "Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system. Learn more". I am not able to activate the product and I can't get further then error message, PSE 2019 doesn't even open without the required registration. 

Here are the things I have tried:
- Updated my windows, also all optional updates
- Downloaded Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019
- Downloaded and installed creative cloud desktop
- I own PSE 2019 on cd, so I tried to find a version of it that I can download, but I can't find a downloadable version of it, plus the download link in the creative cloud desktop is not even working

This problem is very frustrating and gets really on my nerves since after googeling I found out that this issue exists since 2018 and has never been fixed. 

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

I finally found a solution of the problem after 2 weeks of trying. The issue was that I was logged in with my google account into my Adobe account, you can log in with different kinds of accounts to your adobe account like facebook, google and so on. I didn't even realize that this could cause issues. Once I completely removed my google account from my adobe account and logged in directly to my Adobe account (don't use any other account like google or facebook to log in) I was able to install ph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever registered Elements 2019 with your Adobe.com account?  If so, click on this link.  It will take you to your registered products page.  (You may have to sign into your Adobe account to get to the page.)  There you will find a download link to Elements 2019, if you need it. 

Have you recently updated to Windows 10 from another Operating System?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it from the link, but when I start the installation I get again the same issue and message "Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system. Learn more". The cd-key is registered on my Adobe account though. 

No, my windows 10 is a fresh installation from CD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my windows 10 is a fresh installation from CD.

By @Afura335C7C

Check for Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, this is the first thing I did. My windows is updated, I am on 21H1 all possible updates are installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm about to tell you will fix your problem.

You need to download and install adobe creative cloud for desktop.  Just install it, then ingnore it.  No subscriptions to worry about either.

Once it's isntalled, just reboot your computer to paly it safe, then install away.

Adobe doesn't even understand why it works, but it does.

Click on the link found in #1
How to download the Creative Cloud desktop app (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, but I already wrote in my post that I downloaded and installed adobe creative cloud for desktop, unfortunately this didn't solve the issue. I know this solution, this works for some people but not for all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed that.

One thing you haven't mentioned: trying different browsers;  for example: make chrome your default browser, then try.  If no worky worky, pick another browser- set it as your default, and try again. 

You seem like a smart guy, so I'm assuming you have rebooted your computer after al lthat updating, and after the creative cloud installation.   I also recommend  to turn your computer all the way off, go a cup of coffee, and turn it back on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.

I have tried other browsers like Vivaldi, Internet Explorer, Edge browser as default browser, but I had no luck. I also tried to run the installation.exe as administrator and different windows compability modes. 

Yes I have rebooted my computer after the updates 🙂 , I do have the issue since 2 weeks now and couldn't find a solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it.  Unbelievable.  I quadruple-cheked my Windows 10, downloaded all of my browsers three times, researched and tried every other suggestion, one of which was to decimate my registry!!  This worked.  Thank you for posting this rediculous solution.  It actually worked.  Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution of the problem after 2 weeks of trying. The issue was that I was logged in with my google account into my Adobe account, you can log in with different kinds of accounts to your adobe account like facebook, google and so on. I didn't even realize that this could cause issues. Once I completely removed my google account from my adobe account and logged in directly to my Adobe account (don't use any other account like google or facebook to log in) I was able to install photoshop elements 2019 and to activate my cd key. Everything is working (for now 😛 ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes and take care of scammers here. I got a private message here telling me that he/she is from the Adobe team and wants me to help to fix my problem, I should send him/her an email to **scam email address** to get help from them.If you get this mail, block him/her it's a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeIncCare @ outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Afura335C7C, thanks for reporting back the problem and its solution.  Please let us know the screen name of the person who sent you the PM with the scam email address.  We need that to get them banned from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea hope that the solution helps someone. The screen name was Lindsay Sherman, I already reported here, not sure if she got banned yet or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines