• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find my options toolbar

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wirking with Photoshop Elements 2020 on my MacBook. When I select a tool from the tool panel, the options bar that would allow me to choose my font, color, size, etc. doesn't pop up along the bottom. The same is true if I select a different tool such as the crop tool or shape tool. How do I get the option bar to show?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Hi,

- Click the Tool Options button in the Taskbar to open the Tool Options bar (if it isn't already visible).

- Go to the far right of the Tool Options bar and look for the little menu icon (it's a small down arrow and three horizontal lines) between the Tool Help and Minimize icons.

- Click the Auto Show Tool Options option from the pop-up menu if it doesn't have a tick next to it to turn that feature on.

Hope that helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

- Click the Tool Options button in the Taskbar to open the Tool Options bar (if it isn't already visible).

- Go to the far right of the Tool Options bar and look for the little menu icon (it's a small down arrow and three horizontal lines) between the Tool Help and Minimize icons.

- Click the Auto Show Tool Options option from the pop-up menu if it doesn't have a tick next to it to turn that feature on.

Hope that helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working now. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  However the Tool Options button only brings up the Show Open Files window.  When I go to the three-line menu on the right and click, the only options are Print Bin Files, Save Bin as album (grayed) and Show Grid (grayed).  Not sure if this is related to the fact that the pop up menu on the tool in the toolbar also doesn't pop up.  I was able to change it from line to other shapes by alt-clicking, but no pop up.  I'm on Elements 14 on up-to-date Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was waiting for assistance I continued to work to try to find a workaround.  Changed from Expert mode to guided, then tried to switch back. Then my Elements crashed.  Now I can get to the tool options, though the popup on the toolbar doesn't pop up, but I can pick the shapes from the tool options.  I'm good to go now, I think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2022, working on a new, high-end Dell 27" monitor.  I was setting up in Expert mode and noticed that the tool options at the bottom of the screen were actually partly off the screen; i.e., the lower of the two Lasso tools, for example, was partly cut off, but I could see enough of it to allow work.  (No sign of the "Taskbar" at bottom, with the blue options, etc., even when I first loaded and opened the software, and nothing I can find, including searching numerous sites and tutorials, informed on how to get that Taskbar to appear.  But I could hobble along, getting work done without it.)

I don't know if I accidentally hit a key or something, but next thing I knew the "Tool Options" was even farther down off the screen.  (No, I hadn't slid the PSE workspace window downward -- it was as high as it could go, touching the PSE 2022 menu bar at the top of the screen.)  So now I couldn't see the lower Lasso option at all.  Finding no conceivable way to get my options back, I tried a little menu item at the bottom right and clicked that, which now eliminated ALL vestiges of the Tool Options (!!).  Now it's just a gray, blank field all the way off the screen (see attached screen cap).

Again, I've searched "Photoshop Elements 2022 Photo Bin / Tools Options and Taskbar have disappeared" six ways to Sunday, but I'm new to PSE, and I'm getting pretty frustrated.  I'm sure it's just a key I accidentally hit or something.  I tried closing PSE and reopening, which gets back half of the Tool Options (the upper part), but I still can't see the lower options -- it's partly cut off at the edge of screen.  I am now completely stalled on a project that is time sensitive because I can't adjust my tools, after working fine for two days.  Attached is a screenshot of my workspace now, completely missing all options at bottom of screen after I tried that little menu thing at the bottom right, whatever it was.

Thanks so much for your expert guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... And, since you may ask, here's what I get when I click on "Window" at the top (attached).  I've tried clicking on all the intuitive options listed, with no solution.  Nothing gives me the Tool Options or Taskbar at the bottom.

Also, frustratingly, typing "Tool Options" and "Taskbar" in "Help" brings "No results."  Can you imagine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Mac 22. Same issues. Here is how I fixed it. I went to the Quick tab (as guided tab didn't work from expert tab). Clicked the 3 lines and down arrow, finally  the option "auto show tool options" was available! Clicked it and now I have Fonts and all my other options available! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines