• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get into my elements 13. Tried to download pics from my SD card. (Using Windows 10) I get

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get into my elements 13.  (Using  windows 10) .  Tried to download pics from my SD card and get a pop up message "16 of 74 items imported.  That is as far as it goes.  Have to press stop and close the program.  Repeated many times.  Have used this SD card and same procedre many times with no problem.  I do not want to delete and reload program because I am afraid I will lose my organized library of photos.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

Mike

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you accessing the Adobe Photo Downloader (APD) from the Organizer or are you using an Autoplay option when you insert your SD card? 

In your example, are the 16 of 74 items actually being imported into the catalog?  If so, are you using the duplicates filter in the APD dialog before trying to import from the SD card?

Have you rebooted your computer?  (It sounds like it might be a RAM issue.  How much RAM do you have?)

There is no issue with losing your catalog when reinstalling the program.  (But you should always have your catalog backed up.  If you don't want to copy/backup the media files, you can always copy the catalog folder via Windows Explorer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg

Thanks for your sugggestions but the problem remains.  I am using APD. I think I am using the duplicates filter, never downloaded same pic twice.  Have reboted computer.  Have 8 MB ram.  I have 30% of storage remaining. I have  uninstaled Eliments 13 and reinstaled with original disc twice restarting both times.  Still have the exact same problem.  What am I missing?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, you are missing an answer to my question:  In your example, are the 16 of 74 items actually being imported into the catalog? 😜

So here are a few more trouble-shooting questions and suggestions:

1. Are you able to open the Organizer at all?
  2. If so, are you using the Import>From camera or card reader  to get to your memory card?
  3. What happens if you (a) create a new catalog, using File>Manage Catalogs>New dialog, (b) open the new catalog and (c) try to import from the SD card?
  4. If you are not able to open the Organizer at all, press the Shift key when you launch the program.  This will open the Manage Catalogs dialog and you can create a new catalog from there.  The Organizer should then be able to launch with the new catalog.
  5. If you are not able to open the Organizer, then while you are in the Manage Catalogs dialog suggested in question 4. above, perform a Repair and Optimization of the existing catalog and try it again.
  6. When you uninstalled the program, did you select the option to delete/remove the preferences file?  If not, try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.
  7. Can you be more specific when you say you have the exact same problem.  Does the problem happen with other SD cards? (Have you tried importing from another SD card?) Is there a limit to how many files will be imported every time you try to import or is it a random number (x of y files imported)?
  8. Is your SD card from a digital camera?  Can you import from the camera via a USB connection?  If so, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

Thank you for your suggestions, here are my results 

1. Can't open organizer at all.  Getting the same message "16 0f 74 items downloaded. Then it freezes and I have to closr the program.

2. Yes, 

3. Won't allow me to do this since it's frozen

4. Shift key won't open manage catalog

5. Can;t get in to Manage catalogs dialog so can't perform repair and optimization

6 I did select the delete/remove preferences file this time when I uninstalled program again.  Did try Alt+Shift+ Ctrl when relaunching program

7,8. I have tried only one SD card but I tried to re-import using USB connection to my camara.Nothing different  happens, I still get the same message and program freezes. Not sure of any limits to how many files can be imported. 

It has in the past imported all my files from the SD card, often more than 74.  My memory is 70% full.

If I have missed something, please let me know.  Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

I re-tried the things you suggested and now everything appears to be working fine.  I am not sure which suggestion fixed the problem 

Thanks, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All's well that end's well.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines