• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install my Photoshop Elements [2018 on macOS Big Sur]

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop two a few years ago. I am trying to reinstall it, and I am getting an error message "Install needs to be updated." and "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." 

What should I do? 

Thanks,

Ofer 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Photoshop (Elements) two was available for a Mac.  So, you have not given us enough information to help you.  What OS do you have?  If you have Catalina, you would need Elements 2020.  If you have Big Sur, you would need Elements 2021.  If you have an earlier version of Elements, you will not be able to install it and will have to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 and I am running on Big Sur. Do I have to buy a new product? The old one was working fine until I did a clean install of the Big Sur.

Thanks,

Ofer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to upgrade Photoshop Elements to the current version 2022.

Versions earlier than 2021 cannot be installed on Big Sur due to changes made by Apple to the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know very little about Macs but, as I understand it, Elements 2018 would work with an upgrade of the OS to Big Sur.  But, it cannot be installed on a fresh OS installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a workaround, you could run latest verison of Parallels virtual machine for Mac with a Windows 10 OS. And then install the Windows version of PSE 2018.  However, Parallels for Mac costs 80 Euros/year.  The other workaround is to revert to Mac Mojave.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines