• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't like Organizer, I hate it so much I almost what to find other photo editing software!!!

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop Organizer from "harvesting" photos from my MAC.  I DO NOT like it I have liked it since the day installed it.

The thing keeping me from changing software is that Photoshop cost too much money to throw in the trash.

I'm 66 years old and have a short fuse, yes I'm a grumpy old man.  If you are going to send instructions they must be very detailed, much like writing Fortran 4.  If pressed I could most likely write a flow chart for a simple program, weather, (which if properly the wrong word,  I do know that wether is not correct) it works or not is another problem 

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How to tell the organizer NOT to manage files in a catalog?

1 - When you save a file from the editor, the save dialog has a checkbox 'Include in the Elements organizer'. Obviously, if you don't want that, uncheck that box once. This choice is sticky, you do it only once.

2 - Many users absolutely want the organizer to scan their computers for files not in their catalogs. There is an automatic background process for that, called 'watched folders'. Open the organizer, go to File >> Watched folders and delete all folder entries from the dialog.

3 - For those who want to manage files in a catalog but want to still be the master of what is in a catalog, beware that if you choose 'bulk' import the first time, this means you want to scan the whole computer, instead of choosing yourself or settings rules for what to import. Choose another import way.

4 - Not exactly your question, but while the organizer is a toolkit from which you can choose the required features, it also offers a number of 'automatic' process for managing face tagging, automatic keyword tagging etc. If you don't want that, in the organizer to Edit >> preferences and uncheck everything that is automatic. This will prevent from the organizer spending lots of power for background tasks and slow down the computer, at least in the first days or weeks.

But, the organizer is saving losts of people from catastrophes as well as enabling them to fully take advantage of very big libraries with sometimes more than 100 000 items. If you can't retrieve or group your files in seconds, they are often totally useless. So, don't throw the baby out with the bath water. You can be the master. For instance, even if you are using other managing softwares like Bridge (it's free to use with Elements), you may have a project such as a book, a slideshow which you can create from a small catalog just for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines