• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have photoshop elements 8, I just installed a new hp envy 7855 printer. I cannot print

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 8. I just installed a new hp envy 7855 printer.

I cannot print photos, the photo document stays in the queue and says an error happened.

It does not give me an error number.

HP tells me I need to update my adobe software.

I there a software update for Elements 8?

Where or how would I get this update?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

There is no PSEv.8 update. Adobe does not support it any longer. I suspect that HP's advice really comes down to purchasing the latest version of PE.

You don't state whether you are on Windows or Mac. It has come to my attention that several printer drivers are installed in Windows 10, and the operating system recognizes some printers when plugged in  (USB) without further intervention.

I have 2 suggestions for your consideration:

1. Go on the HP web site and search if there is a recent driver f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no PSEv.8 update. Adobe does not support it any longer. I suspect that HP's advice really comes down to purchasing the latest version of PE.

You don't state whether you are on Windows or Mac. It has come to my attention that several printer drivers are installed in Windows 10, and the operating system recognizes some printers when plugged in  (USB) without further intervention.

I have 2 suggestions for your consideration:

1. Go on the HP web site and search if there is a recent driver for your model.

2. If this turns out to be unproductive and you still can not print, install the free 30-day trial of PSEv. 21 and test printing.

Download Photoshop Elements free trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines