I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 onto my new laptop. The font size of the top selections and all the tools and choices is very, very small. It was not like that on my last laptop. Could I get some suggestions on?how to make the font and clickable choices easier to see and use?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 was released 12 years ago and at that time around 50% of users were still using displays of 1024x768 or less 🙂
Now of course the vast majority of users have displays with twice that resolution, so the end result is that the fonts and the rest of the user interface of Photoshop Elements 8 are about half the size it was designed to be used at.
You can get Windows 10 to try and solve this issue for you:
- In File Explorer navigate to C: Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 8.0
- Right-click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe and choose Properties from the pop-up menu
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Under Settings click the Change high DPI settings button
- In the dialog window that appears, select the checkbox for Override high DPI scaling behavior and choose System (Enhanced) for the Scaling perfomed by option.
- Click OK a couple of times and restart Photoshop Elements.
The end result will be a little blurry (an unavoidable side-effect) but it's a lot more readable.
PSE8 Editor before changing the high DPI settings.PSE8 Editor after changing the high DPI settings.