• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help in upgrading photoshop elements 6 to newer version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 6 which still works, but I am thinking of updating to the latest version. I did a trail version, but the issue was they did not give me any discount for having photoshop elements. So, I tired to download the trail again, having checked I own a previous version, but it won't let me. I am not sure what is wrong. Maybe its because I used windows 7. I don't want to get into having to pay monthly, I would rather pay for one program, as I have a video editing program and there are all these other programs that I don't want and don't know how to use, and I don't want to learn them either. I only do simple photo editing. I am not sure of the price, it seems to change all the time. And there is no email support. Chat support, I found does not work very well, as I can't explain to chat the issue. I am not saying with abode chat, but I hate chat because it takes hours of time with often no resolution to the issue. I want to get this as I am editing a lot of old family photos, but I can't understand just how to buy one program without having to buy creative cloud. And if I did where does the discount come into play? I can still use elements 6, so its not a major big issue, but I feel that the newer one is more stable. There issues with connecting, abode seems to have cut me off, so the program won't connect anymore with abode, or I would merely go there and select upgrade program. I do have a serial number. I did buy the program, I am not sure what improvements if any have been made. I did try the newer one, but did not find any features that were new. So, the pricing has to be reasonable, since its not like I must have it or there is anything new, if I am wrong tell me what is new about photoshop. The red eye feature does not work very well, as it turned one eye black like satan's eye and left one eye red, so there is room for some improvement with that. I tried many ways to change the other eye, but it keeps just doing that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

I think the reason your not seeing an upgrade discount for photoshop elements is that pse 2018 is on sale right now for 69.99, while the regular price is 99.99 and the upgrade price would normally be 79.99.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if I select edit in photoshop, I can see it as the first choice, but it opens without the file, so then I have go fetch the file by using open, which is more time consumming, but if I have them in the organizer, I think then I could edit it in photoshop. I am not sure because I have tried to click on a file I see in the organizer for editing just to test things out, but it does not seem to work either. The selection is checked, but nothing happens to it. I am creating a back up in a new folder in dropbox and it has been running for over an hour. I have alot of photos. This is not even all of the ones I have, but only the ones I may like to edit in photoshop. I liked some of the features very much already that are new. I had a series of doll photos, that I took with a certain light bulb that added a yellow cast. I had these photos on the computer for years, as they were not good enough. I used the guilded help. I took the eye drop and selected the yellow cast back ground and at once photoshop E removed the yellow cast. Now the photos look like I took them with a proper white light bulb. Thank you for your help. I think once I do this back up once, it will stop nagging me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I did a lot research on this. The upgrade price is indeed 79 dollars, but I don't qualify for it, as they decided that Elements 6 is too old to qualify for a discount. This decisions seem a slight bit unfair. "

I'm pretty sure that's not the case and any version of photoshop elements qualifies for upgrade pricing, but as i explained earlier, pse 2018 is on sale for a lower price than the upgrade pricing, so the upgrade price won't show no matter what photoshop elements version one is upgrading from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turned out, that sale is for premire elements and not photoshop elements. Premire is a movie making program. I ended up buying it by accident.  Photoshop elements is still 99 dollars, and I don't qualify for any discount on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never would believe this, but after a long discussion with chat support and they insisted I could not get photoshop for less then 99 dollars under any circumstances, just now I found a link that had Elements for 69 which I considered to be a more of fair price. I did try photoshop cc and I thought the clone stamp had been improved, but it did not do one of the major things I enjoyed. I used the auto fix, but I use the slide just a little bit, so my auto fix is not as extreme. It can brighten up a doll photo without going overboard on it. I don't want to spend a lot of time when I want to post a quick photo online to play with all the controls. So, I will be deleting elements 6 from my computer and downloading photoshop elements 2018. Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines