I need to use Gotham font type but it not listed as an option. How can I get this font?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use Gotham font type but it not listed as an option. How can I get this font?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017
Hello tarap65303526, I assume that when you tried to edit the text of a PDF "Gotham" does not appear in the drop down list of fonts. In most instances you do not have the font installed on your system. Gotham Fonts by Hoefler & Co. are not standard fonts you would find in your system. These fonts must be purchased from the company website here: Gotham Fonts | Hoefler & Co. Once you've completed your purchase. Download the font pack and install. The font should then be available in the drop down ...

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022
Hi Tarap, The entire family of Gotham Fonts is available as a FREE download from https://www.dfonts.org/fonts/gotham-font-family/. They can easily be installed on your computer and will then be available to use in PSE. And, regardless of what @kimamel & @defaultbxvyrzs66r50 say about it not working, it DOES work in both Photoshop Elements and Photoshop. Here's a screenshot of it being used in PSE 2022.

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tarap65303526,

I assume that when you tried to edit the text of a PDF "Gotham" does not appear in the drop down list of fonts. In most instances you do not have the font installed on your system.

Gotham Fonts by Hoefler & Co. are not standard fonts you would find in your system. These fonts must be purchased from the company website here: Gotham Fonts | Hoefler & Co.

Once you've completed your purchase. Download the font pack and install. The font should then be available in the drop down list of fonts on your next Acrobat restart. You can refer to this article here for installation: How do you install new fonts to Adobe Acrobat Pro XI?

Hope this information helps.

Joffre  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Gotham, which I purchased and downloaded. It works in other Adobe software, such as Illustrator, but not Photoshop. I haven't found a good answer, so I just edit in Illustrator and pull the file into Photoshop. Not the answer you're looking for, I'm sure. But this happened after a Photoshop update.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me and I have tried absoulutely everything imaginable to fix it and nothing is working. I have Gotham downloaded and installed, its in my systems Font Book and works on literally every other software excpet Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarap,

The entire family of Gotham Fonts is available as a FREE download from https://www.dfonts.org/fonts/gotham-font-family/. They can easily be installed on your computer and will then be available to use in PSE.

And, regardless of what @kimamel & @defaultbxvyrzs66r50 say about it not working, it DOES work in both Photoshop Elements and Photoshop. Here's a screenshot of it being used in PSE 2022.

2022-03-10 06_53_22-Untitled-1 @ 66.7% (Gotham Rounded Bold Italic, RGB_8) _.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Walter_H this worked! I appreciate you sharing the link!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines