• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I updated my PC to WIndows 11. PSE 15 cant find Catelogue

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated my PC to Windows 11, PSE 15 could no longer access the catalogue. I would like to restore the pictures and the catelogue link back to the PC. I was not ready to move all the files to OneDrive. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you update to Windows 11?  Where is your catalog stored?  If you have Elements 15 installed properly, search for a file named catalog.pse15db and double-click on it.  Your old catalog should open.  If you have more than one such file, click on each one.  (They will be found in folders containing the name of your catalog.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I updated to Windows 11 from a traditional download and installation. I delayed going to Win11 for some time.

I had trouble finding the catalog. My PSE15 install was traditional. I searched in File Explorer  - found two. I found a third which was in a OneDrive under the filestructure that contained the picture files.(c:/Users/name/OneDrive/Pictures/Adobe/.

This third Catalog appears to be a 'backup'. I clicked each. The only one to return an expected was this third cataloge.

Thank you for leaning into this. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This third catalog was found looking through the Windows 11 Search - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened when you double-clicked on the catalog file?

Where are your photo files stored?

If you have a backup catalog, the thing to do is to restore it from the File>Restore Catalog dialog.  But since you haven't really told us where the original images are stored, it is difficult to tell you how to proceed without creating a duplicate set of photos on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated the PC every picture that was on the HD was moved to
OneDrive. So from what I can determine there are no longer any pictures
stored on the HD.

I double clicked on the catalog file 'stored' on OneDrive and it seemed to
open with the pictures that I expected. But it looks like each picture must
have its link restored. So I am looking at the thumbnail? I restored
several pictures and the link was restored.

The two catalog files stored on the HD did not provide any pictures.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a BU catalog w/full backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos must be on a local drive.  This may be a OneDrive folder synched with the cloud.   But if the files were in a different location on your Windows 10 OS, then you must either replicate that location or else perform the Restore of your Backup catalog.  For more information about restoring a catalog, see this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines