• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've recently installed El Capitan, and now Photoshop Elements 11 Editor cashed when I try save my files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently tried the beta version of El Capitan on my MacBook Pro 13 mid 2012. I keep it up to date, installing all updates when available. Since I've being using the latest OS X, Adobe photoshop elements 11 Editor crashes when i try to save my file. All other aspects of the app appear to work perfectly, however the app becomes unresponsive when i click save as in the file menu. No options will work, and i cannot cancel the action. My only option is to force quit the app.

I bought this version of photoshop from the mac app store, and there are no updates available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Premiere Elements 11 program?

An operating system update is a pretty big deal, and it sometimes bugs up some program's supporting files. (This usually doesn't happen on Mac OSX, but it can.)

Also, be sure to check you fonts for corruption. In my experience, font file corruption screw up Adobe programs on OSX more than any other issue.

OS X Quicktip: Find and Eliminated Corrupt Fonts - Apple Gazette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did re-install PE 11.  Did not fix the problem.  Apparently, Adobe is aware of the problem and says they are talking with Apple to resolve the issue.  I have read lots of feeds on different sites expressing the identical problem with Capitan and PE 11.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should've been tested out during the 4 month beta period, Adobe. We shouldn't be without a working product now.  Apple has already released 10.11.1 and clearly didn't address whatever "changed".  If Elements 14 works fine, why not just upgrade the few of us customers who have been in a bind now for weeks? I just want to be able to save my photos again without 98% crash rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing and just posted the same question....very frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what to tell you or what's going on on your computers . It works fine on El Capitan. It does on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you Grisetti. Congratulations! But your luck doesn't help us to solve our problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an update.. if anyone has signed up for the beta program with apple, the latest version of OS X El Capitan v 10.11.2 - the photoshop elements app will not launch at all - ever! i've tried uninstalling, deleting associated files etc but it's made no difference. I gather this is a problem with a different cause and solution to the original, but i thought i'd give you a heads-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, PS Elements 10 won't launch at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, MacBook and Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.0 Editor and since I upgraded to El Capitan I'm not able to save files. App crash and I have to perform a force quite. I have uninstalled the program and installed again but the problem still there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upgrading to the last Java does not fix the problem

Any idea how to contact Apple or Adobe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.   Adobe Elements 11 will not let me save any files and freezes.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, until now the best answer is tha one of philiph429864:

Hi hcrespob, though I have still not found a solution to this problem, I have found a way around it.

¨So, if you're planning on editing a photo, copy the photo to a new folder (just to avoid making unchangeable edits to the original file). Then, open photoshop, on the menu bar select 'adobe photoshop elements 11 editor', and select preferences, and then general from the dropdown menu. A window will open. Here select "saving files". Change "On first save" to 'Save over current file'.

This allows you to save any edits you have made over the file you have open.

Its not a solution to the problem however. If you choose save as, the program will freeze once again. Also, though you can finally save files again, you cannot rename them, or change the file type within adobe photoshop - incredibly annoying!!!¨

And that's what I'm doing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Mac to El Capitan - never going to upgrade right away again - I am not able to use my Elements 11 and cannot even open it up now.  It corrupted the last file I worked on and now I have to do it all over. Should I just update to Elements 14?  What can I do so I can use my Elements software with my El Capitan operating system?  I have to finish this project ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

The core OSX of El Capitan and Yosemite is not the different. The programs should work the same way on either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I need to have serial number for the reinstall? I downloaded from the app store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, it's a funny thing, but we see so many issues with the App Store version of the program. I wonder if that's the common theme here.

Are all of you in this thread having trouble with the App Store version of the program, or are some of you having trouble with retail versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a disc and that's not working. I didn't upload it from the adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need it but this not going to solve the problem. I already tried.

What I see, please correct me if I am wrong, is an issue between Apple and Adobe. It seems that a SW is not supported anymore by a new Operating System and since the Photoshop does not have a free upgrade everyone who purchased the Photoshop Elements 11 is in trouble.

Conclusion, Apple and Adobe are not as professional as we thought. We are complaining and none of them is offering a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may well be. Although for the vast majority of people (myself included) the programs work just fine on El Capitan.

I know that's no comfort to those who are struggling -- but the more difficult it is for these programmers to reproduce the problems, the harder it is for them to fix the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried that last night with no luck at all - still won't even start up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased PSE 11 through App Store in May 2013 but never used it because I could not find out how to customise panel locations etc.  A 'YouTube' clip by MS. Jessica Sprague entitled "  PSE11 Intro Setup .mp4" enabled me to modify work space as I desired but I could save relocated Panels because program freezes upon save attempts.  I reverted to PSE 8 which I purchased and which is installed on the internal HD from a supplied disk.  Since installing El Capitan (on internal Mac HD), PSE 11 will open but attempting to "File/Save" or "File/Save As" causes the program to freeze.  This necessitates a "Force Quit" whereby all file modifications, panel relocations etc. are lost.  So, for me, PSE 11 will open but NOT work under El Capitan.

Luckily, I also have an external drive on which Yosemite 10.10.3 is installed.  By starting up with that Yosemite as the active OS X, I can open PSE 11 and modify panel locations, save files etc. albeit through a circuitous method.

With external Yosemite as active OSX, I open the Yosemite component "App Store" and clcik "Purchased".  PSE 11 shows with "Open" as the only choice ( i.e. "Install" - on external drive is not available).  Clicking "open" then causes PSE 11 (installed in internal Mac HD) to open.  PSE 11 performs as designed with files capable of being saved or renamed, panel locations can be modified AND all changes can be saved before quitting PSE 11 from within.  So, for me, PSE 11 will open AND work as designed under Yosemite.

I use a 21.5" iMac with 4 GB RAM installed. I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely, ranger1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still this issue hasn't been resolved! There is obviously a lot of people that are having a problem with this and they're all reporting the same issue of files not saving. So why can't either Apple or adobe stop fannying around and resolve it!!!  Or refund the people that payed good money to use their now broken app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought the program from Adobe, they often will refund your money within 30 days if you're completely dissatisfied. Have you contacted their customer service?

As for App Store purchases, that's more of an Apple domain and I don't know how their refund system works. But it might be worth contacting their customer service also. Apple prides itself on customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have an apple app store purchased PSE11. Crashes on 'save' with El Capitan. No one from apple or adobe want to help. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you tried this possible fix?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2021148?q=fix%20el%20capita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines