Exit

Icon/photo don't show in PSE in layers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

corryd15674848_0-1640557308423.png

Hello,

I don't see the icon at the layer when I change preference. 

corryd15674848_1-1640557470346.png

When I select the option (near the arrow) the icons at the layers disappear. It doesn't matter or its a small or big icon. When I deselect, I can see them. Is this a bug? I've heard that more people have the same problem.
Without the selection I see the icons.

corryd15674848_2-1640557958447.png I have PSE 2022, windows 10, 64mb, 18gb.
thx
Corry

Always learning, never too old 🙂
TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly:   You have the arrouw pointing to "allow floating documents in expert mode" .

In the image you attached in your original post you have that layer visibility turned off.   Those images i nthe layers panel on the right?  I think most poeple call them thumbnails, not icons. 

2021-12-26_150318.png2021-12-26_150405.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think you don't understand my question 🙂

If I turne on V "allow floating documents in expert mode" then I don't see the thumbnails.
When I turne off "allow floating documents in expert mode" then I see the thumbnails.
That what you show in your answer I know but it is not what I mean.
If you look at my pictures you don't see any thumnail in the gray area of the layer. I don't have turned the visibility off on every layer, and then you still have to see what is in that layer.

So my question is, is it a bug in pse that the layers don't show a thumbnail in floating documents?

I have heard other people complaining on the same problem.
corryd15674848_0-1641071704689.pngThis are the layers on the right site in floating documents.

corryd15674848_1-1641071789337.png

This are the layers when I turned off the floating documents, here you can see what is in the layer. 
And it doesn't matter if the eye is on or off.

I hope you understand my question now.
thx Corry

Always learning, never too old 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really interesting- I've never seen it before, I will try to duplicate i, and get back to you. 

Dat is echt interessant - ik heb het nog nooit eerder gezien, ik zal proberen i te dupliceren en contact met je op te nemen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just upgraded to PSE 2022 for Windows and am having the same problem.  The thumbnail image shows initially, but then, after I've done some editing, they disappear and it's just the checkerboard pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines