Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image resize problem

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Using Photoshop Elements 13.  For years, I have been using the Image > Size > Image Size to resize my images measured in Pixels.  About a week ago, the option to select Pixels has disappeared.  I tried reloading the software with not luck.  Any ideas how I can get this option back? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

The option to resize in pixels is not possible unless you select "Resample image", since it is resampling that changes the number of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen grab of my resize menu...

Adobe-Photoshop-image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to resize in pixels is not possible unless you select "Resample image", since it is resampling that changes the number of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering my question, I just went and tried that but with no luck - still no pixel option.

Adobe-Photoshop-image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document size area deals with the size of the image when printed.  Points, Pica, Columns are all terms printers use.  

Points, and pixels are pretty much the same.

If working on something specific, like a workheet I might use in school, I switch the document size to inches- simply because that's the way my brain works. 

Columns is actually a reference to how newpapers are layed out. Newspaper can be made to have five columns, six columns, seven and one-half columns, eight columns or nine columns. Newspaper can be made to have five columns, six columns, seven and one-half columns, eight columns or nine columns.

Points? Over time the value of a point has changed.  Today, with the advent of Desktop Publishing a point is 1/72nd of an inch.  It's where font sizes come from-- A 36 point font ins 1/2 inch tall.

Pica:  1 Pica is 12 points.  6 Pica to the vertical inch in commercial printing.  72 points to a verticle inch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Points, and pixels are pretty much the same."

Sorry, no they are not. Just like fish are really not the same as baseballs. In some situations they luck out to the same number, but never think they are the same thing in Photoshop and its family. The original poster wanted to change the pixel COUNT, not some print size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In size, yes, they pretty much are the same.  The orignal poster kept referencing the document size window, which only uses printer type terms, and was confused by not seeing pixels in that area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your answer was correct after all.  After going back, I noticed that I can once again resize with the option of using pixels.  Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines