• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image resolution

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new user to Elements 2020, created my 1st collage image and went to print out and it will not allow me to print an 8x10 photo with anything more than 300 dpi, which is way too blurry an image. I have the print parameters set to 1200 dpi but get an error message stating " due to photo size it will print no larger than 300 dpi". I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, any suggestions??

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your photo is only 300 ppi. 

Can you show a screen shot of this message? Also, what printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are confusing dpi (dots per inch) with ppi (pixels per inch).  See this link for a brief discussion of the difference.

Even though you are getting the message, the document will proceed to print.  If the image is printing out blurry, it is probably nothing to do with the message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The collage guided edit creates a fully flexible layered format psd file. Open in Expert mode at the end of the process to choose the print size and resolution. The layers are 'smart layers' = links to the original elements or text/shape vectors layers. All the resolution of the photo components and vector layers will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines