• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import all my photos to Organizer

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be purchasing Elements today. Is it smart to import all my photos on my hard drive to Organizer?

TOPICS
Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ~20 GB of photos on my hard drive. Is there a downside to importing all of them? How long will this take? or do I limit the importing for just the images I would like to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This depends on your needs.  But I have been using the Organizer for about 20 years and have imported all of my digital images into my catalog.  I currently have over 200k files in my catalog, and I can only think of upsides to importing photos into the Organizer.  20GB of files should not take very long to import.  (My photos take up about 1.5 TB.)  I can find any file I am looking for within a few seconds.

I suppose the only downside would be the additional time to backup the catalog files using the Organizer's backup utility. 

So, I would encourage you to catalog all of your photos, even if you only intend to edit a small number of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines