• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Katalog von PSE8 /windows 7/64bit auf PSE2021 / windows 10/64bit

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe den Katalog auf einer externen Festplatte gesichert. Kann ich ihn von dort problemlos auf meinen neuen Computer mit Windows10 und PSE 2021 importieren inkl. gesetzte Tags?

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

It's very important to understand what you did to save your catalog to an external drive.

- If you have used the 'backup' function of the PSE8 organizer, you have created a 'backup folder' on your hard disk. It's a folder containing renamed copies of all your media files. They are renamed starting with 'B00...'. That folder also contains a file named 'catalog.buc' and another one 'backup.tly'. From your new PSE21 organizer, you now have to 'restore' that backup where you want. The first step re-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very important to understand what you did to save your catalog to an external drive.

- If you have used the 'backup' function of the PSE8 organizer, you have created a 'backup folder' on your hard disk. It's a folder containing renamed copies of all your media files. They are renamed starting with 'B00...'. That folder also contains a file named 'catalog.buc' and another one 'backup.tly'. From your new PSE21 organizer, you now have to 'restore' that backup where you want. The first step re-creates your media files folder tree and is followed by a catalog conversion which creates a new catalog in the PSE2021 format.

- If you have only created a copy of the catalog folder (the database without copies of your photo files), then its necessary to say if your photo files are still in the same computer which has both the PSE8 and the PSE2021 version. If so, from the PSE2021 organizer you only have to 'convert' the PSE8 catalog into a new one in the PSE2021 format. Nothing to import.

- If your PSE2021 is on a different computer, please describe exactly what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your very useful Information. I have used the «backup function of the PSE8 organiser on my old computer. I created a backup folder on an external hard disk. My new PSE2021 will be on a different computer. I wanted to know first, if it is possible, before I will try to do so.

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your very useful Information. I have used the «backup function of the PSE8 organiser on my old computer. I created a backup folder on an external hard disk. My new PSE2021 will be on a different computer. I wanted to know first, if it is possible, before I will try to do so.Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10
By @defaultdvg0ob3myhwx

Yes, that should work: that's the way most users have been migrating to a new computer since the first versions of the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Schon vor längerer Zeit wollte ich von PSE8 auf eine aktuellere Verion umsteigen, aber es war nicht möglich den Katalog von PSE8 zu konvertieren. Auch Adobe konnte mir damals nicht weiterhelfen.
Jetzt würde mich interessieren, ob diese hier geschilderte Vorgehensweise geklappt hat?
Vielen Dank schon im voraus für Ihre Antwort
MfG
Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines