• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Metadata From File

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I import metadata from a structured file?

I've received some 600 old family photo's from my uncle, all dated on the days he scanned them. He has also provided a single file (Word) with information, which I can use to extract Date Taken and captions. The file includes photo numbers, which I can use to construct the filename. Which means that I can create a structured file (Excel/CSV/whatever) containing filenames and metadata. I could even create a column with location info for the photo's where this is clear.

Is there any way to import such a structured file of metadata into Organizer, so Organizer adds the metadata to the corresponding files? It would save a tremendous amount of time!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

You might find an external tool to write the structured data in the files metadata header directly, but for me, this is impossible for updating the catalog database itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find an external tool to write the structured data in the files metadata header directly, but for me, this is impossible for updating the catalog database itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Michel. I've found myself an external tool: Exif Pilot. Not free for bulk changes, but it does what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines