• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Photos - Elements 2020 to Specific Location

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Elements through several versions. Before the 2020 version, I was able to specify a folder for the program to import new photos to. Now, when it locates new photos, it automatically imports them, but I have no clue where it puts them! I used to have all new photos imported to a folder I called Temp 1. Then I could view the photos at my leisure, decide if I wanted to keep them or not, and then move them to a folder of my choice. I keep my photos sorted in folders under the year and then the month. 

What am I missing? How do I tell Elements where to put my newly imported photos?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

I can't think of anything that has changed in Elements 2020 with respect to where imports take place.  Are you importing via the Adobe Photo Downloader or via Files and Folders?

In the APD, you set the location of the import in the dialog. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.14_12h58m34s_001_.png

Sorry, I just read your question again.  It looks like you are importing via the Bulk Importer/Watched folder.  If that is the case, the location where you originally stored the files doesn't change.  Same thing if you Import>From Files and Folders.

If I hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't think of anything that has changed in Elements 2020 with respect to where imports take place.  Are you importing via the Adobe Photo Downloader or via Files and Folders?

In the APD, you set the location of the import in the dialog. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.14_12h58m34s_001_.png

Sorry, I just read your question again.  It looks like you are importing via the Bulk Importer/Watched folder.  If that is the case, the location where you originally stored the files doesn't change.  Same thing if you Import>From Files and Folders.

If I haven't answered your question, please explain your workflow for getting files to your computer.  And what OS are you operating under?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg,

Thank you for your reply. I think I managed to confuse myself by changing how I import files. I use the folder tree for organisation rather than albums. If a folder doesn't have a file in it, it doesn't show up in the tree. Because of that, I started using Windows explorer to put my files in specific folders first, and accessing new photos in the Organiser using the import from files/folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines