Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import photos from Lightroom 6 into Elements 2018

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using both Lightroom 6 and Photoshop 2018 on a WIN 10 Desktop. Primarily I Import and process photos in LR and want to use the Elements Editor for creative projects (layers etc.).  When trying to continue processing a photo from LR in PSE, a dialgo box opens with three Options: a) continue with copy including LR changes, b) use copy of original photo however without LR modifications, b) use original photo. Of Course it is option a) I want to use.

My Problem: while options b) and c) work fine, in option a) the PSE Editor opens without photo

Any suggestion how to solve this problem is very much appreciated!

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

What are the pref settings for rendering in PSE. I have mine set to 8bit PSD (see image below) as there are limited options in Elements for 16 bit editing and a jpeg can easily be exported from a layered PSD file. Do you see any error message if you wait? I’ve sometimes seen this up to a minute or so later and after dismissing it the image appears in PSE.

PrefLR6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the pref settings for rendering in PSE. I have mine set to 8bit PSD (see image below) as there are limited options in Elements for 16 bit editing and a jpeg can easily be exported from a layered PSD file. Do you see any error message if you wait? I’ve sometimes seen this up to a minute or so later and after dismissing it the image appears in PSE.

PrefLR6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pref setting was 8bit TIFF, changed that to 8bit PSD. I still get after 2-3 minutes an error message, however the Image shows up in PSE! Strange...

Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gregor

I have the same problem and it takes about 2 minutes for the picture to appear after I click on the error message in Lightroom.

Did you get a suitable solution as its driving me mad as it takes so long to copy a pic

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines