• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported profiles in ACR (xmp files) not displaying

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Adobe Elements 23 in order to obtain an upgraded version of Adobe camera raw. I specifically wanted this in order to use profiles (xmp) that I had purchased from several companies. The Adobe camera raw is version 14. It actually has three dots near the profiles that come with the program, and when you press on it it says "import profiles and presets" . It says that the profile should be zip files. I spent a whole day trying to get this to work but to no avail. The files don't import and nothing shows up. 

This is very frustrating because Adobe camera raw is for use with raw files which suggests that the user is quite advanced at photography and editing. However, a large number of editing tools are absent from the Adobe camera raw that comes with Photoshop elements. This is insulting to the user and I don't understand why they would do that. Why does the program offer a tool that doesn't function is even worse. 

I know I'm not the only person who is encountered this issue as I've come across it on many different forums and on many different websites.

Has anybody managed to import profiles into Adobe Photoshop elements and have them show up when they open the program? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photoshop elements version of camera raw can only see Imported Profiles and not Presets, so you need to make sure what you bought are Profiles.

You can put the Profiles (xmp) files without zipping into

Mac

Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

Windows

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

pr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I did but they don't show up when I open ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

If you open one of the xmp files in a text editor what does it say next to PresetType?

pre.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 Home

Screenshot 2023-01-22 161013.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really appreciate some help with this. I just don't understand why they won't show up. They are in the correct place but when I open ACR I just see the profiles included with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the issue is you have ACR Presets, not ACR Profiles.

The photoshop elements version of ACR doesn't have a Presets tab.

Check with where you got the xmp files from to verify whether they are Profiles or Presets for ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The information page of the software did say they were compatible with ACR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit of a puzzle (to me) why Photoshop Elements, firmly aimed at the hobbyist, has camera raw support at all. There is probably some complicated Adobe internal politics at work. Certainly, advanced users would be expected to use Photoshop CC, there is no pretence that Elements is a serious tool for the high end/professional user (in my opinion); rightly (in my opinion) because keeping Elements simple is what makes it work for its target audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines